Cookies and Privacy
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You can adjust your browser settings to block, limit or accept cookies.
We do use Google Analytics to inform us of visitors uses.
You can find out more about controlling or deleting cookies and the EU Cookie Laws on these pages.
COOKIES IN USE ON THIS SITE
Cookies and how they benefit you
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
MORE ABOUT OUR COOKIES
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Remembering your preferences such as colours, text size and layout
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
SOCIAL WEBSITE COOKIES
Cookies could be set by:
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/privacy
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
VISITOR STATISTICS COOKIES
We use: Google Analytics http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
TURNING COOKIES OFF
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
We used Attacat.co.uk to generate some of this report (thank you Attacat), they ask us to include this text:
“Use this report entirely at your own risk, blah, blah. Spend a fortune on a lawyer and cover your site in pop-ups if you want something bullet proof.”
“Attacat are not lawyers. In fact we are a bunch of Internet marketers keen to ensure that this directive doesn’t get out of hand. If you want help with SEO, PPC, Social Media, Conversion Rate Optimisation or any other Internet marketing service, please say hello.”